Great for baking, sprinkled over ice cream, apple sauce, in hot chocolate, or anything that needs a flavor boost! Now here’s a Fall holiday dessert that’s quick and easy!
- 4-5 Ripe and Firm Pears (peeled (optional) and cored, then halved lengthwise)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (salted butter ok)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Smokin Texas Gourmet All World Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 1 Package Quality Puff Pastry (thawed)
- Vanilla Ice Cream and fresh whipped cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large ovenproof saute pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Once bubbling sprinkle in sugar, salt (if used) and Holiday Spice.
- Add pears to pan cut-side down. Cook until sugar begins to turn light golden brown. Do not turn pears. Leave them cut side down.
- Roll out the puff pastry with flour to slightly larger than the pan with the pears. Top the pan with the rolled puff pastry tucking edges into the pan. Do not have pastry outside of pan or it will stick and not release when plating.
- Transfer to preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- When complete, place the serving side of a larger flat platter over pan. Platter should be larger than the pan. Carefully flip platter and pan to reveal tarte.
- Cut into serving pieces, pie slice. Plate with vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream.