Southern and Mexican fusion at its finest! Its robust flavor makes it great for omelets, roasted pork, Tex-Mex dishes or as a twist on traditional chips and salsa!
- Pork Shoulder 4-5 pounds bone-in
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Spiced Dry Rub
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Garlic, Salt, and Pepper (GSP)
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Sweet-Onion Peach Salsa 16 oz Jar
- Coca Cola (can use regular Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper)
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- Season the pork shoulder liberally on all sides with the Dry Rub and GSP
- Add to crock pot or slow cooker of choice
- Add the jar of Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Sweet Onion Peach Salsa
- Add the can of coke
- Cook on high for 6 hours (can baste the pork with the liquid every 2 hours if you like)
- Remove pork shoulder from cooker.
- Remove liquid from cooker into a bowl or large measuring cup. Let stand for 2-4 minutes for the fat to come to the top. Remove fat with a spoon or basting siphon.
- Add liquid back to the cooker
- Pull the pork into shreds’. This can be done using two forks.
- Add the pulled pork back to the cooker and mix.
- Cook for 1-2 hours and serve hot.Note: For BBQ pulled pork, add ¼ cup BBQ sauce into the liquid in the cooker and mix before putting back the pulled pork
Note: For Spanish or Mexican pulled pork, substitute Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Tomatillo Salsa for the Sweet Onion Peach
Serve as a slider with a pickle or on a corn tortilla heated with melted cheddar!