A twist on traditional honey mustard, our Jalapeno Honey Mustard is tangy and sweet with a little heat! Rich and smooth, the Jalapeno Honey Mustard is an excellent condiment for burgers, hot dogs and brats, or enjoy it as a side condiment with pork and other meats!
- 1 package of premium bratwursts
- 1 Texas sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bottle of Shiner Bock or Lone Star beer
- Bratwurst buns
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Garlic Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Jalapeno Honey Mustard
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Fire Roasted Tomato and Sweet Onion Ketchup
- Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Texas Twister Pepper Sauce, to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onions and peppers to pan and sprinkle with Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Garlic Salt and Pepper.
- Sauté the vegetables until caramelized, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup of the beer to the sauté pan and deglaze the pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the brats to the pan, then add remaining beer, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the brats from the pan and put them on a grill, turning often until cooked through.
- Put the brats in buns, dress with caramelized onions and peppers and top with Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Jalapeno Honey Mustard and/or Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Roasted Tomato and Sweet Onion Ketchup. Use Smokin’ Texas Gourmet Texas Twister Pepper Sauce to add some heat!